problem with links
Cannot see any item descriptions, item pictures, or when open link page is blank or error:
You are using Norton Internet Security or similar program with Ad-Blocking turned on. To allow Banner Ads in Norton ‘Internet Security’ (Internet Security is used for this example. Firewall product may be slightly different)
1) Double-click the icon in your system tray to open the Norton Internet Security window.
2) Under the System Status find and click the words ‘Ad Blocking’, which should indicate it is ‘On’
3) In the right side panel, click on ‘Configure’ near the bottom
4) UN-check the ‘Turn On Ad Blocking’ checkbox.
Kazaa and other programs block CJ & Linkshare links through the hosts file
You can modify your Hosts file and remove the blocks using steps below.
1) In Windows click the start button | search | for files or folders
2) Type in hosts and hit enter to search
3) The Hosts file for Windows 95 / 98 / Me should be located in
4) The hosts file for Windows NT / 2000 / XP (You may need administrator access) should be located in:
5) Open the files in Notepad. Don't use WordPad or MSword as it may mess up the formatting.
6) You should see a really long list of urls. Delete the following occurences from the list.
7) Save the hosts file.
8) Perform the same steps for any other Hosts files that were found.
9) Close the browser and then Open it. Try the links again.
The most common problem is caused when you are running Firewall software on your machine. Try disabling the Firewall to see if the links work correctly. If there is an option in your Firewall software to allow Redirects try enabling it.
This behavior may occur if an Internet Explorer, AOL, Compuserve or any other IE based browser registry keys points to an invalid location for the Urlmon.dll file.
To resolve this problem:
1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
4. Type regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll, and then click OK.
5. Type regsvr32 Shell32.dll, and then click OK.
6. Type regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll, and then click OK.
7. Type regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll, and then click OK.
8. Type regsvr32 Mshtml.dll, and then click OK.
9. Type regsvr32 browseui.dll, and then click OK.
10. Type regsvr32 Mshtml.dll, and then click OK.
11. Each time you should see the "DllRegisterServer in succeeded." message, click OK.
12. Try opening the items again. If you ti have problems restart your computer and try again.
If problem still exists follow the instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article.